5 Tips for a Successful Conference
The event is later this month, and I’m looking forward to seeing many of you there. Go Global, like every TSFL gathering, is a unique opportunity for health coaches. You can learn from others in the field. You can drop into educational workshops. You can get some new insights into your business as well as your health. And you can make some new friends along the way.
Events like these pack a lot of action into a few short days, so here are 5 tips for helping you get the most out Go Global or any other health conference or event that you might attend in the future:
1. Plan for your Habits of Health. Traveling, even for a health-focused event, typically means stepping away from your healthy routine where your healthy meals and gym equipment are easily accessible. Pack some meal replacements and think through your travels to prepare for any other potential obstacles that might challenge your Habits of Health.
2. Check the event schedule ahead of time. Take a few minutes to acquaint yourself with the conference schedule and the potential sessions, workshops, or presentations that you could visit. Doing this ahead of time will make the actual event more easy-going for you (since you know what you want to see and when and where you need to be).
3. Drop into something new and different. Use events like Go Global to challenge yourself and perhaps step outside of your comfort zone. If you see something on the schedule that’s new or different or not what you usually do (like going to a mixer if you’re usually quiet), try to make it a point to attend. For some, this could mean going to the event in general in the first place, and that’s okay!
4. Don’t forget to mingle. Industry events are packed with new and interesting people. Don’t be afraid to say hello to the stranger next to you or to socialize at the more casual parts of the event. The presentations and workshops are full of great information, but many of your fellow attendees have worthwhile experiences and insights to share as well.
5. Take notes in your journal. Go Global will go by quickly, and you’ll be exposed to a lot of new information and ideas. Write them down! Keeping a notebook of thoughts, notes, and reflections will help you to get more from the content and will make it easier for you to implement new ideas once the event is over.
And don’t forget to have fun! The energy at TSFL events is beautifully contagious, and I hope these tips help you to channel that energy into achieving your goals. See you in Atlanta!